Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Making the Most of My Scrap Felt




I have been making felt dolls and finger puppets for the last few months and I ended up with this bag of felt that I didn't want to toss.
"What's your deal, just toss 'em" is probably going through your mind at this point. Well, if it was your typical craft store felt I would agree and just toss it. This is something different, this is NICE felt. 100% wool felt from Felt on the Fly. I even added a bag of scraps to my order. I know I bought scraps. EEK.

So what am I going to do with those scraps. Well I challenged myself and I made a whole finger puppet with just scraps. First here is an example of the fairies I was making before.


Notice I was using some of my scraps. This piece of green in her hair was trimmed off of a scrap. At this rate I was going to buried under a pile of scraps! 



So I challenged myself to use bigger pieces of scraps, and got these cuties. I used scraps for the dress's and the wings:








Then I took it a step further and used scraps for every part of the finger puppet. This is Maeve Fairy. I think she turned out super cute.

If you want to do something similar, their are tons of patters for finger puppets on Pinterest (linked to my felt board) and Etsy (I just searched felt finger puppet fairy pattern), just pick a shape you like and fill it in. Please note, I did not use anyone else's pattern. The hardest part may be the flesh tones, but who says a fairy has to be peachy cream colored? Have fun and share your creations in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly