Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

Are you Creative?

I'm a creative person, I don't usually think about this anymore, its just part of life. Unless someone else brings it up. Usually its a friend who will say something about not being creative themselves. This has been happening recently and it got me thinking.
How do the measure what makes a person creative?
Apparently lots of people wonder about this, check out what happened when I typed it into Google.
There are tests to measure your creativity, there are people who compare creative versus logical aspects of a person's personality, the list goes on.  Sadly, the majority of people I know who look at my projects and longingly wish they could create something, were once told that they weren't creative enough. On the opposite side of those, those who are very creative were encouraged to think outside of the box
I just want to encourage those who think they aren't creative. In my mind the true difference between a creative person and everyone who wishes they where creative, is the willingness to try and fail, then keep trying.

I like to learn something new everyday. Sometimes all I manage is knowledge, but I get excited when I TRY something new. That counts as learning too, only much more fun. So next time you think "I wish I could do that" think instead "I wonder what skills I would need to do that?" then try it!

My favorite sites for leaning new skills.
BluPrint
Pinterest
Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly