Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2018

What is Purposeful Whimsy anyway?

Hello, my name is Shannon L. Mokry. I write with whimsy and purpose as a children's book author and now as a blogger. I'm not yet certain where this crazy path will take me, but hop on board and follow along.
I may not have a focused direction for this blog yet, I can tell you that I try to blend purpose and whimsy into all parts of my life. It's easy to see that in my children's books. Bubbles the bubble blowing dragon just screams whimsy, and the messages in the stories show their true purpose, to teach our kids.




As a creative person pairing purpose and whimsy doesn't start and end with my books, its a way of life, just like homeschooling my kids and being Christian. (Not in that order of course.) 

I sew, but rarely manage to follow a pattern more than once. If I'm honest, not even the first time. To me a pattern is a suggestion that I spark idea's off of. From clothes, to dolls, to finger puppets, even the window coverings going up in my house. They all have a purpose and bring a smile to my face.

I'm a photographer. Though mostly I gift my services to others. Like when I spend a week documenting all of my the dance classes at the local rec center. I also document my growing children. I hope you can see the dual purpose here at well.

I have a vision for my house and will share portions of it as they are done.

I'm a homeschool teacher for my three daughters. Its a journey and I'm enjoying it. If your homeschooling this year, I hope you find the joy in it as well. If not I invite you to rethink your approach. Life is short, enjoy it! You have a purpose, but don't get bogged down in the just memorizing facts, make sure both you and your children smile regularly.

Are you a creative? How does that flow out into different parts of your life? I'd love to here how you balance purpose and whimsy in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly