Pages

Friday, October 12, 2018

The end of an era...

Was it six or seven years ago? Its been so long that I can't even remember. I found you on the clearance shelf in September. I couldn't believe it. Marked down to .25, I grabbed three of you, that was all that was left. I was so gleeful when I showed you to my family and they just rolled their eyes.
We had just started homeschooling and while they had been patient in waiting to shop for school supplies, they where still more interested in binders, folders, and notebooks. Cute and trendy, but there wasn't much left to choose from. You were not high on the list of things my girls got excited about.
Then we got home and started our craft projects and suddenly everyone wanted to use you and only you. What had been three turned into one, that was lost and found horded in one child's room then another. I carried you in my purse for a while, my craft bag, to my co-op classes. As the years went by arguments started over who you belonged too.
For such a simple thing, you had a huge impact on all of our projects. Always bringing a smile to our faces and the faces of our friends. You never let us down, always up to what ever challenge we put you to. Other's came and went through our house and still you where the first pair we searched for.
Then it happened. My daughter went to use you and you snapped in half. She didn't do anything wrong. Nothing different, your plastic parts had finally given out.
We will miss you. I'm not sure you will ever truly be replaced, but I will remember you every time I see something that needed you to make it complete. Every time I reach for you and have to make due. Farewell my faithful pair of owl scissors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly